Bodum Travel Press Review
Enjoy a great cup of coffee on the go with the convenient BODUM Travel Coffee and Tea Press. The two-in-one travel mug and French press is made of vacuum-sealed, double-wall stainless steel with a spill-resistant lid and fits into most cup holders or backpack drink holders. It’s quick and easy to use: add coarsely ground coffee or tea leaves, pour in hot water, seal the lid, wait 4-5 minutes, and press down the built-in plunger. The BODUM Travel Coffee and Tea Press keeps beverages hot or cold for several hours, has a non-skid rubber base and silicone, ergonomic, non-slip grip.
How to brew coffee or tea on the go:
1. Add 3-4 tablespoons preferred coarse ground coffee or tea leaves.
2. Pour hot water into the mug.
3. Stir contents, place lid on with plunger up.
4. Wait 4 minutes, slowly press down the plunger and it’s ready to enjoy.
Caution: Do not overfill your mug. If you do not like your coffee too hot, leave enough room to cool it down with a little water or ice. Otherwise, leave the mouthpiece open to allow it to cool faster. Take care to place the plunger in evenly so that grinds or leaves do not escape.
Suggested Methods for adding sugar or creamer:
- Add ground coffee and hot water. Insert the plunger, push down about an inch, then add your sugar above the plunger screen, wait 4 minutes, and plunge.
- First, add coffee grounds and hot water. Wait a few minutes. Add sugar, cream, and plunge.
- Place loose tea or ground coffee and additions in first, then add water, wait, and plunge.
- After plunging coffee or tea, attempt to add sweetener or cream through the hole in the lid.
- Good, sturdy, well-built quality
- 2 in 1 brewer and mug
- Makes a good cup of coffee
- Fits easily into most cup holders
- Fits most backpacks with a drink holder
- Dishwasher safe
- Convenient 15-ounce size
- Easy to use on the go
- Easy to clean
- Dishwasher safe
- Leak-resistant (not spill-proof)
- Mostly stainless steel
- Durable plastic lid
- Rubberized grip
- Non-skid bottom
- Exterior stays cool
- Can be refrigerated for cold brew
- Convenient for camping with a JetBoil
- Convenient to use in a motel if you have access to hot water
- The lid twists on easily and tightly
- Mouthpiece closes securely
- Fine filter separated grounds and leaves from the liquid
- Save money over coffee shop coffee
- Smooth, stainless interior
- Washes clean with no lingering odor
- Works with soft disc-shaped, Senseo style coffee pods, ground coffee, or tea
- The plunger base is plastic and can eventually absorb the flavor of your drink
- The lid is not leakproof but is spill-resistant
- A small amount of liquid tends to get trapped under the filter
- Dumping the grounds out can be a pain if you don’t want to dump them down the drain. (Easiest to swish with a little water and pour outside or through a strainer into the sink or tap dry grounds into the trash can.)
Style: Stainless Steel
Size: 15 Ounce
Dimensions: 3.5 x 3.5 x 9.1 inches
Weight: 14.1 ounces
Model number: 11057-01BUS
The BODUM travel press mug is convenient and easy to use at home or away. I love that it works with coffee pods that I can purchase individually wrapped for easy travel. They allow for flavor variety and make clean-up a breeze! The cup is very well made, easy to clean, and well-insulated. It makes a nice gift for coffee/tea lovers, travelers, busy people, or anyone who wants to enjoy a good cup of coffee without waiting in line and paying $3-5.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. ~Theresa