I purchased this treadmill in the fall of 2018 and use it almost daily. My intention when I was to use it to help me get into shape for a hiking trip that I had planned for the summer of 2019. Normally, I would walk daily at local parks but I needed something to supplement on days that weather or my busy schedule prevented me from getting out. Shortly after I started using the treadmill, I began to have aches and pains that I couldn’t explain so I went to a doctor and found out that I have moderate to severe osteoarthritis. Now I use the treadmill to ease the osteoarthritis pain in my legs and to keep from getting stiff.
My shopping experience
I was very surprised to find out that my local community, which I thought had everything, only had two stores that displayed treadmills. Because I was looking for something very basic, between the two stores I found only three possibilities. In the store that had two choices, I could not find anyone to wait on me and the third treadmill was missing one of the options that I was hoping for.
Reluctant to purchase such a large item without the ability to try it, but feeling that I had no choice, I began to search online. The Weslo Cadence G 5.9i Cadence Treadmill, Black,WLTL29615Weslo Cadence G 59i not only met but exceeded my expectations.
What I was looking for:
I wanted a basic treadmill with the following features:
- Adjustable speeds
- Incline option (It has 2-positions)
- A place to hold my book or e-reader
I got all of that and so much more:
In addition to those features, I was excited to gain these:
- Six preset workouts which give my workout a boost and removes the “boredom” factor
- Free trial for iFit Coach where you can use thousands of on-demand workouts with expert trainers either in a virtual studio or around the world
- Bluetooth enabled
- Includes a 1-year warranty on the motor a 90-day warranty for parts and labor
- Safety clip, when used properly, will shut down the machine when disengaged
- Heart rate monitor
- Comfort cell cushioning
Other useful information:
- Accommodates up to 275 pounds
- The tread belt measures 16″ x 50″
- Includes ten speeds
- Displays time, distance, incline, heart rate, speed, calories burned
- Additional protection plans available
- When I purchased mine, Amazon offered a delivery and assembly option for considerably less than my local store.
You may also need:
Weslo recommends using a surge suppressor. I was pleased to find out that there is something other than the power strips that I use for my computer.
A simple yoga mat can be cut to size and placed under your treadmill to protect your floor. This one comes in a variety of colors.
I am very satisfied with my purchase and recommend this treadmill to anyone looking for an affordable, basic treadmill. Amazon’s website has several additional photographs and details about the Weslo Cadence G 5.9i treadmill.
I hope this review has helped you to make a decision about purchasing your treadmill. If you have any questions or comments, please email me at email@example.com or comment below.